As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you,"
I've always enjoyed stand-up comedy, and one of my favorite comedians today is Mark Normand. He's incredibly quick with his jokes, has razor-sharp timing, and always seems to find an unexpected punchline.
My favorite style of comedy has always been storytelling. There's something satisfying about a comedian taking the audience on a journey before delivering the payoff. That said, I also appreciate great one-liners and short, clever jokes. If it makes me laugh, I'm all for it.
I'm probably a little old school—mostly because I'm getting a little old myself. I grew up watching comedy legends like Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Rodney Dangerfield, and Cheech & Chong. Those comedians helped shape my love of stand-up and showed me just how many different styles of comedy could work.
Back then, there weren't nearly as many nationally known comedians as there are today. Now it seems like everywhere you look there's another comic, a new podcast, or another Netflix special. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Comedy has become more accessible than ever, and there are some incredibly talented performers working today.
At the same time, I sometimes wonder if the sheer number of comedians has watered things down a little. With so many specials being released, it can feel like some comics become famous before they've truly developed a standout act. Of course, there are plenty of exceptions, and some of today's comedians are producing fantastic material.
One special that I really enjoyed was Mark Normand's. If you're a fan of smart, fast-paced stand-up, I think it's well worth watching. He also co-hosts an entertaining podcast that's worth checking out if you enjoy hearing comedians riff on everyday life.
I'll include links below to Mark Normand's website and one of my favorite stand-up specials so you can check them out for yourself. Here is link to his links.Podcast We might be drunk Website:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments please follow